Call For Papers
Abstracts due: December 20, 2017
Registration deadline for presenters: 05 January, 2018
We invite abstracts of 300 words with an empirical applied focus that will be of interest and relevance to urban agriculture practitioners and policy makers. Possible themes may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Case studies of urban agriculture practice in Australia and / around the world
- Social movements and practices of urban commoning and co-production
- Economic, cultural, emotional, sensual and material dimensions, possibilities and challenges of urban agriculture
- Political organisation and governance practices
- Urban adaptation / mitigation / resilience in the Anthropocene
- Policy and governance frameworks
- New technologies and green infrastructure for growing food in cities
- Possibilities for soil remediation and urban renewal
- Perspectives on liveability, liveliness and conviviality of urban food production
- Urban agriculture as practice for planetary health
- Peri-urban production and the urban-rural interface
Please send your abstract of no more than 300 words to Dr Nick Rose by 20 December 2017: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All presenters must register to attend the event by 25 January 2018 (students Tier 3 , waged academics Tier 1). Early bird registrations close on 20 January 2018.
Tickets can be booked here.